Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Life is too short


This song is a reminder of the culture and cult of celebrity.  It is ironically someone that affects all of us in some ways and in some levels.  It goes from what I am doing which is posting a video of Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi".  Or it could be a teenager hanging a picture of their favorite singer like Taylor Swift or a group like One Direction.  Then there are those fans that will wait in line for hours to purchase a CD or a ticket to listen to or watch their favorite performers.  Celebrity like it or not has a positive or negative effect or influence on all of us.  The only ways to not allow it to have any effect on some of us is to cut off all technology or read and study.  Some people hate, hate, hate celebrities and want nothing to do with them or the celebrity culture.  Others are just people who want to read a fictional novel by say an Alice Walker, watch Oprah, or listen to Justin Beiber.  Then there are people who just don't care.  They like what they like and see the whole culture of celebrity for what it is. It is a cult that is popularized by the world and not God.  I only know of artists and people like the ones I named because of talk shows, commercials, and the music that people listen to around the house.  I realize that on the extreme end there are stalkers, haters, extreme fanatics, tv and movie addicts, and people who allow their "love" for celebrity overcome them.  Entertainment and celebrity are their religion and the Kardashians, John Cena, Madonnas, Rihannas, and the lot are their gods and lesser gods.  I admitted to going extremes as far as making celebrity my idol and looking through gossip "tea" websites for instance.  To be honest, what Beyonce and Mariah Carey have done nothing personal to me.  I have no idea why people hate them so much, if they do.  I listen to some of their music, but it is obvious that I am not such huge fans because I am not a member of the "Beehive" or a "Lamb".  I am not a rabid fan, which will also be an example of something extreme.  I admit to be a person who loved this artist or that artist or that actor.  I realize that I am a person just like they are.  I know that they too are created beings just like I am.  We will all die one day and we will end up in one of two places in eternity: one where death and hell will be cast into the lake of fire or where heaven will pass away and that millions will like in the New Jerusalem.   Life is just too short. 

No comments: