Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Happy New Year

As the world celebrates
With fireworks and cakes
I'm standing here alone
Far away from home
With nothing but a suitcase and memories

As the stars surround me like water
I raise my hands in full surrender
To God, my Redeemer
Lord, this year is far from ordinary
I've never seen such extraordinary
People, places and things
Amazing human beings
Searching for purpose, just like me.

Looking around, I wonder
Since a year is like clashing thunder
Booming suddenly
Then vanishing instantly
Why waste time uselessly?
The old year came and went
I hope your time was wisely spent
On helping others and working hard
So that many people may regard
Your lifetime as truly great
And not just because of fate
So learn this lesson, but not from me!
Try it yourself and you will see
Making a difference starts with one step
With one foot, then the next

So walk right now into the light
And find yourself shining bright
Don't worry what people think
Because right now you're on the brink
Of showing others what is true
Happy New Year, from me to you.

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/make-a-difference-happy-new-year#ixzz3vkX7Y1aW 
Source of poem

No comments: