Tuesday, November 18, 2014

India Arie and having peace of mind

I find myself listening to music and being spiritual.  I am thinking on what is peaceful and not what is temporary.  I have had obsessive thoughts about everything from television to infidelity.  I still have them and I am afraid.  I still have to learn to overcome the fears and doubts.  I do wish to stay in this moment, however.  Listening to artists such as India Arie give me peace and calm because the thoughts that I have thrive on an anxious mind.  I know that India Arie is not a gospel singer, but her music is so inspiration and so wholesome.  I can learn a lot from her lyrics.  There is hope and it doesn't cost a thing to smile.  Laughter is not expensive.  I have learned about peace and never taking life for granted.  Maybe I should smile more.

No comments: