Friday, March 1, 2013

Problem solving


 Problem solving



• Current weight loss plateau



I am at a weight between 277 lbs. and 290 lbs. I will weigh myself only once a week on Mondays between 6:30-8:30 AM.



• Need to affirm myself



Learning to stand on my own two feet and respect myself. I have learned that caring what others think or may think will cause me to lose one’s respect and give power to others.



• Overwhelmed and constantly having to deal with being overwhelmed



I do not have to be overwhelmed. Giving my cares to God has helped me to not be anxious or overwhelmed. I have learned that being overwhelmed makes things worse.



• Don’t always eat in moderation during lunch



Counting calories is easier for me and it works. I do tend to eat the most during the lunch hours. I don’t eat second helpings mostly. But even with the first helpings, I cook too much food for two people. Measuring out portions and eating in moderation, reading labels, and taking care of oneself is what is important.



• Don’t always eat snacks in moderation



Measuring out portions even during snack time is important. What is not important is eating too much during snacking and only a few healthy snacks per day are okay.



• Don’t always eat smaller meals during the day



Eat smaller meals during the day. It is tempting to eat large meals because of the taste and texture of food. Realize that we eat to live not live to eat. Food can be an enemy or a friend.



• Following an exercise schedule in advance



Even if it is only 10 minutes a day, start off slowly. Walking is a good exercise and so is constantly moving around to do chores. Plan all of my exercises in advance keeping in mind my physical abilities and what I am truly capable of instead of my physical limitations.



• Procrastination



Begin to take control of my life including my health by doing what I am doing. I am writing things down and making plans. Now all I have to do is not be overwhelmed and actually do what is hard, and that is doing.



• Struggle to follow information such as meal plans



Don’t get overwhelmed and read up on meal plans and diet and fitness advice. Sometimes creating your own plan works.



• Need to finish a set plan to lose weight



Having clear goals is apparently something that I need to work toward so that I can succeed. My current goal is to “get out of” the 270 + pound mark.



• Need to be more holistic



Herbs, vitamins, and learning about them could be beneficial for health and weight.



• Still somewhat self-conscious however



This is something not to be overwhelmed by. I do have areas that I need to lose like my stomach, my inner thighs, and my arms, but with diet and exercise, I can succeed in “shrinking” those areas.



• Drinks too much juice



Drink juice only for breakfast or when “my sugar falls”.



• Need to eat more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods



Define processed foods and read the labels of each food. Buy more fruits and vegetables to eat. Plan meals in advance.



• Do eat fried foods sometimes



Cut back on fried foods and bake, roast, broil, steam, and stir fry them.

No comments: