Sunday, February 10, 2013

Being proactive


I have come to realize that there are things that I need to do. And there are things that I need to be. To do and to be can be the same thing. Even though I am being philosophical now, being proactive is something that needs to be done. I am a procrastinator who is in need of wisdom. Now I realize that these past few months, but I am learning. I don't know about you, but I am proud of myself. I cannot believe that proactivity can come from this body. Lately, I celebrate being pounds lighter. This is the classic example of being proactive.

Losing weight is not easy for me. I have PCOS, which is a hormonal condition that would affect a woman's fertility and other things. It is a decent description, but admittedly does not tell the whole story. I don't know why, but I don't identify with PCOS. I do tend to micromanage myself. That is something that I need to change. I have my light bulb moments which inspire me to do better for myself.

I wonder if I have to do what is hard for me in order to do what is easy. That means that what I didn't think I could do wasn't so hard to do all along. It was like that with dealing with obsessive thoughts. It is like that now that I have lost weight.

No comments: