Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving: What should we really be thankful for?


"Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks to Him through God the Father."
Colossians 3:17


A holiday is a day that is set aside so that we won't take things for granted everyday of our lives.

Great definition of a holiday, isn't it? That is exactly what we all should have done this past Thursday. According to the verse above, "give thanks" in the name of Jesus. Thanksgiving is about being using 24 hours of our time to be thankful for what we have and who we love. Thanksgiving should also be a time to be thankful for who we are. Are you thankful for who you are? Are you happy with yourself or how you are living your life?

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am thankful for much. I am not the richest woman in the world, but spiritually, I know that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and that is a lot. I have had troubles being assured of my salvation and knowing who I am, but not now. I thank God that He is faithful and just and true. I love God, for He loves me. We should all be thankful for that.

If you don't know how to be thankful or don't know or not sure about your salvation, please start by praying this prayer or a similar one in your own words:
"Dear Heavenly Father, I want to know You. I surrender all I have and all I own to you. Forgive me for all my sins and give me the assurance of my salvation. I thank you for this new beginning, In Jesus' name, Amen."

After all, there should at least one thing all of us should be thankful for. Start with being thankful for this new beginning and tell someone about this new beginning.

No comments: