Friday, November 16, 2012

Financial burdens

Well, the pound cake I made turned out well.  I love to bake cakes and I have gotten good at it.  As a matter of fact, I enjoy baking and cooking period and I plan to do so this upcoming Christmas.  I have made a list and checked it more than twice.

As I walk and am walking, I find myself being inspired to write in these blogs.  I also find myself praying to God a lot more.  I do jump from topic whenever I speak and write as you can see. I went from cakes to Christmas to prayer.  Now onto prayer.  I have learned about prayer today. 

Prayer is not just about petitioning to the Lord, but also being honest with God.  I have been getting a greater insight into not only the spiritual, but also the natural as well.  I have asked God for money to further my education and for Christmas gifts.  But I have asked amiss.  There are more important spiritual matters that I had to deal with such as repentance and discovery.

Discovery is about being honest with God.  It is about putting your needs aside and not being selfish.  It is truly about dying to oneself daily and obedience to God.  I have done that in my prayers.  God knows of my needs, but I have learned to seek Him.  He knows where the finances are coming from.  He knows of my problems before I even ask.

He also knows that it is more important to follow His lead and not for Him to follow my lead.  That is not how God works.  Asking God for the wrong things with the wrong motives is asking Him amiss.  The Bible makes it clearer.  Asking Him amiss is about not purifying your own heart, being selfish, and unrepentant.  A believer who is also doubtful as well as unrepentant should not expect an answer.  God doesn't answer whenever we want to, but He is right on time, so that means that I have to wait.  In that we learn patience.

I thank God that I have learned to become more understanding and more faithful.  In fact, there are a lot of things that I have learned as of late.  Thankfully, I hope to continue growing.

No comments: