Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I am a Southern girl, and I am proud of being from the South.  I know it may sound funny to me, being a black girl.  From a historical perspective, I understand.  Blacks were enslaved, humiliated, oppressed, lynched, and segregated from the larger society.  But despite the injustice, there has been a lot of good things that have happened down here.  We as Southerners have contributed much to the fabric of US society.  While some Southerners are racists and fail to live up to what America is all about, most of us love the Lord and love America.  I created videos about the South because I want people to know what the US South is really like.  Here are the videos

The Confederacy and the South

What the South is really like-video needs to be updated
 
What the South is really like 2
 
Being from the South, I am aware of the issues that we face.  I am also aware of what the South is all about.  Southerners are as divere a the rest of the country.  We are very unique in every way from our ethnic backgrounds to our cuisine to our diverse music backgrounds.

No comments: