Saturday, November 3, 2012

Inspiration


This song is a great pick me up.  In other words, when I am feeling down, I get inspired by this song.  I love this song so much that I am playing it now.  I first listened to this song late last year during Christmastime.  I am already in the Christmas spirit and it is only November 3, 2012.  This is the best time of the year because of the spiritual and I admit commercial aspects of this very season.  I love the food, the giving, the music, the inspiration, and the enjoyment I get creating, giving, shopping, and other things.

I realize that this is a great opportunity to be thankful as all times are opportunities to be thankful.  Right now I am thankful.  Despite the fact that my father is no longer with us, I know that he is in a better place.  He died just two weeks before Thanksgiving in 1986.  It was a day that I will always remember and a day that changed my life.  I miss my father and I often wondered what my life would have been like if he was still here.  I think he would have been proud of me.

I have gone through many struggles and I managed to overcome a lot of things.   I hope to pursue a masters degree in Mathematics.  However, I don't know where to pursue that degree yet, but I would like to meet new people, network with new people, and learn new things.  I graduated from college in 1997 from Francis Marion University.  I am grateful for all of the experiences that I have had.  I no longer have regrets about the things that I have failed to do.  I cannot change them, but I can decide what to do now. 

Right now I have decided to ramble on and write on this blog my musings, or thoughts, on things.  I am grateful and have become more grateful as time has passed.  I am inspired by all that is going on in the world, the music I listen to, and my life experiences.  I have lived a pretty decent life for myself and don't plan to stop living.  I take the time to be grateful for that and that I am here to at least examine myself and my likes and dislikes.

I say that because last night, I was pondering what my likes and dislikes are and I have come to realize that in order to be an individual one has to live continually questioning oneself daily.  Repentance and putting God first is gaining a sense of individuality than I realize.  God created me as an individual and I would make the biggest mistake of my life if I failed to follow and obey Him.  The creator knew and knows, of my likes and dislikes before I was ever thought about by my parents. 

I like photography, martial arts, basketball, pro wrestling, looking at videos, cooking, dancing, ballet, art, and animals.  My dislikes are classlessness, poor grammar, a person who shows a lack of basic human decency or morality, and of course, being bored.  I know that God has a plan for me, despite my likes and dislikes. 

Uhm..I am inspired to write a list of my likes and dislikes.

No comments: