Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Congratulations to President Obama

Congratulations to President Obama on his second term.  I predicted that he will win despite the fact that I voted for Gov. Romney.  It is an irony that I predicted that.  I live in a more conservative state yet I live in a Democratic area.

I voted for Governor Romney because of the issues.  I do believe that people have their own reasons to vote for whoever they wish to vote for.  But somehow, President Obama managed to win despite the problems, mounting problems, we have in this country.  It speaks to our divide here instead of what we can all do for America.

We could have been a less divided America, even after tragedy after tragedy after tragedy.  I guess it is human nature.  Why do we have to wait until tragedy happens to come together?  This is what is so sad.  We are all Americans when only things go bad?  Have we lost our collective minds in the States?

Gov. Romney, I voted for on the issues.  I had to be sure that he was the right man for the job and I believe he would have been.  I just have my own issues with the President and I am concerned for this country just like everyone else.  I know that you cannot please everyone, but I feel that more people will be further taxed, unemployment, as high as it is, will remain high, and America will be more and more divided.

I became a Republican and a Conservative based on lower taxes, fighting against illegal immigration, and going against gay marriage.  Gay marriage is an issue that bothers me.  While Jesus Christ died for gay people, gay marriage will not spell the end of the traditional family as we know it in my opinion.  Gay and straight people seem to have little understanding of marriage nowadays considering the divorce rate here in the States.  We are all sinners, but homosexuality is a sin, not something people are born with nor is it genetic.  It isn't the same as interracial marriage where people are born black or white and where being black and white is partially about genetics.  Black people have truly been oppressed in this country unlike most gay people.

Being a Conservative, I have and will be criticized based on my beliefs.  Being a Christian and Black I will be even more criticized.  I am saddened that there is so much bickering even amongst those in the church.  There is just so much wrong in the Church and in the secular world.  Those are just my opinions, but I congratulate, and will pray for, President Obama.  Gov. Romney gave a rather classy concession speech.  It was ironically a fitting end to a rather nasty campaign.  I respect Gov. Romney and I hope that I come to respect President Obama the leader.  I don't agree with his views, that is all.  I voted on the issues.

No comments: