Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sports: for the love of the game

 I find myself doing things and rediscovering things that I haven't enjoyed in years.  It is one of those things that happen in my life.   For instance, I find myself enjoying an NBA game which I haven't enjoyed in many years.  The truth is, I only know who a few of the younger players are such as Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and just a few others that I am only familiar with.  I am a fan of 1980s-1990s NBA basketball and NCAA March Madness basketball.  However, I began to grow weary about this NBA a few years ago.  My interest just died out.

I was bored and I hate being bored.  I feel the same way about football.  I know very little about the athletes but I am familiar with Peyton and Eli Manning and Tim Tebow because of the media coverage of them.  I still don't know who a lot of the players are as I find myself asking my brother about the players constantly.

I would know how to play sports such as basketball, football, and baseball as I know most of the rules.  I am not the big sports fan I once was.  I don't know if it i the quality, the quantity, or whatever the reason is.  Maybe I began to grow out of it.  I don't know.  All I care about is enjoying the game.  I know it is job to some, but to me just enjoying the game has always been something I enjoy doing.

I hope to enjoy the Clippers vs the Heat.  They are coming up next.

No comments: