Friday, November 2, 2012

Being yourself

I have to wonder what are my likes and dislikes.  I like pro wrestling and taking pictures.  I don't like racism, ignorance, and foolishness.

I wrote this because I have struggled with being an individual and not following the crowd.  The truth is, I am different from other people.  I am unique in my own special way, but I wonder how unique.

I often have questions for God about who I am?  What am I all about?  It is just that it has been instilled in me to be an individual.  Use my own mind.  That has something that has been instilled in me for a long time.

Now I have to examine myself to see if I am of the faith literally and figuratively.  Who am I as a believer in Christ?  Who am I as a person in the secular world?  How to I separate or align the secular from the spiritual?

I know not to align myself with the world or rather the things of the world.  Spirituality is all around us.  It influences every area of my life and all of our lives.  I just want to know who I am in the grand scheme of things.

The only person that I can be is myself.  So the message to this is: be yourself.  Be unique.  Don't be a copy of anyone else.  How do you want the world to see you?  How do you want to see yourself?  How do you want for God to see you most of all?

What are my likes and dislikes?  What are things that I would like to change?  What are my hopes and dreams?  That is something that may take some time to discover, but the discovery will be worth it.

No comments: