Sunday, October 25, 2015

I love the 80s.

There are days when I knew what to write.  This was not one of those days.  I am very happy right now.  I have learned quite a bit about pro-wrestling and how cool it was back then.  The 80s seemed like a simple time.  I was just an inquisitive kid who loved using the computer, played outside, and watched wrestling.  I was considered a smart kid and a good student.  I just miss those days where despite the lack of modern technology, life was just great.  One doesn't have to have much technology to have a full life..lol.  When I was growing up, cable was young, people didn't know what an internet, and as it seems, tv shows seemed more watchable no matter how cheesy the shows seemed nowadays.  Sure it was a good show back then.  Now I realize that these shows weren't bad at all. I miss watching shows like "Knight Rider", "Dukes of Hazzard" and the "Fall Guy".  In the 80s, Sly Stallone was a young guy who was a boxer one minute and a former soldier the next.  Okay, okay. While I like "Rambo", I was, and always have been a "Rocky" fan.  Mr. T was the man and the "A-Team" was one of the most highly rated shows and one of the best, on tv.  I just miss those days. Michael was moonwalking, and Whitney was the young woman who could sing her heart out. Madonna was the original Britney Spears and Rihanna, but more controversial in her day.  I know, I know, she still performs, but Madonna in the 80s was awesome.  I also remember when "Fat Albert", "Looney Toons", and sometimes pro-wrestling all aired on Saturdays.  No matter what was going on that day, to me, life was good.

No comments: