Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I wish to break the cycle of OCD

This morning I was nervous every time I was tempted to do some checking.  It is like an addiction. Checking is like my next fix.  I am here to say that it is fiction and I get too caught up in fiction.  I guess it is because I live in a fantasy world.  I prefer to stay in reality, yet reality is quite cruel at times.  I guess because I am sheltered I live in a fantasy world.  But should I live in a fantasy world now that I am 40?  I think that there have been more possibilities at 40 than there were when I was younger.  I believe that despite the fact that I am still young, I am all grown up.  I believe that is what being 40 is all about.  It is much harder to overcome obsessions and compulsions especially because it has been a while since I have done the same thing for years now.  For many years, the OCD has been acting up and I hope that it doesn't act up again.  It has been rough, but now I have the opportunity to break the cycle of OCD, and I am going to take it.

No comments: