Monday, June 13, 2016

Reviews of "The War Room" and "Home"


This is a video from the "Heart of the movie" The War Room".  It was one of two movies that I watched this afternoon.  The other movie was "Home", which featured Rihanna as the voice of Tip, a teenage girl who was looking for her mother along with an alien friend and her cat.

.

Having written this, I dare say that I recommend both movies.  I really do.  I know that "Home" is marketed mainly towards the youth audience, but it was a good film.  It isn't adult or have any nudity or cursing.  After all, it is a Dreamworks film (obviously).  The truth is, I don't usually write a lot of reviews for many movies and I am only an armchair critic, but as I mentioned earlier, I would watch them again.

I personally would give "The War Room" a 9.0 out of 10.  It was one of the few films that I actually watch and will watch again.  The movie was well-acted and inspirational.  I can see why the movie is a hit.  I can also see why "Home" also hit a home run at the box-office.  First, it is rare to find an animated movie that doesn't have a non-black lead character, unlike "The Prince and The Frog" (which is a good movie unto itself).  I as a black person with natural hair is insulting at all to the natural community which is also a plus.  I would give the movie "Home" an 8.0 out of 10.  I wasn't sure about how I would receive this movie since I am age-appropriate in more ways than one.  I also appreciate the positive, realistic messages both movies portray.  So all I can add is that this is my reflection and reviews for now.

No comments: