Saturday, October 27, 2012

Managing stress

So I was walking yesterday trying to find out what to write today.  Yesterday I decided to write about my weight and my motivation to lose weight.  Yesterday was the day of revelation and of jubilation.  Today, will be even better.

I feel pretty good right now as I am typing this.  The root cause of all of my problems is the inability to deal with stress.  I am a Type A personality who has a great inability to relax.  If I could take a vacation, I would.  The great thing about this blog is that I can pour out my soul and not feel embarassed to reveal my innermost thoughts and feelings.  That has done much to relieve my stress.

Bad stress as I have heard and rather, read about, yesterday as I mentioned earlier has been the root cause of all of my problems.  I turned things over to the Lord and I feel better already.  I have overcome doubt and have learned to trust Him.  I felt guilty about a lot of things in my life, one of which is doubting.  Doubt I have learned is a hinderance to not only answered prayer, but an impedence on one's daily walk with God and a major source of stress.

One of those things that I am stressed about is my weight.  I gained a whole lot of weight in a rather short time and I have lost and gained weight.  I have even felt guilty about gaining weight because I stopped taking care of myself.  I allowed it to happen.  I wanted to be a certain weight like I was in high school.  However, I cannot go back more than 20 years, so I can only deal with today.  I have a plan about my weight which I will reveal tomorrow in the next blog.  It is a customizable plan that I believe is realistic for me and will work for me.  Remember, low and slow.  I have learned that diet and exercise are the key as well as dealing with stress.

As a diabetic, stress management is very important because it has an effect on one's physical, spiritual, psychological, and emotional health.  I feel like that I am a different person thanks to praising and worshipping the Lord.  I have much to be grateful about.  I have so much to give, which was at one time a source of stress.  What is God's plan and purpose for my life?  Why am I here on this planet?  How will God use me?  I often ask those questions to God and my prayer life has gotten better as a result of being grateful and praiseworthy.  I have received so much love from strangers that I feel that whatever limits that I may have now are not an impedence to how God will use me.

I pray that I will learn to deal with weight issues, health issues, and stress one day at a time and not lose heart.  I have allowed fear, stress, and doubt to rule over me for so long that I have come to realize that I lost pieces of myself.  I had to wonder who I really am?  I am still wondering and trying to find myself even though I am in my late 30s.  I have spent so long comparing my life to others that I found myself trapped in my circumstances.  I was depressed, lonely, miserable, and feeling like life has passed me by.  That alone is a great source of stress.  God has helped me overcome that.  I have a ways to go, but at least I can finally move forward. 

No comments: