Monday, October 22, 2012

Introduction

How do I introduce myself?  I have no idea how to blog as I am not a big fan of blogging.  Ironically, I have been using tumblr for over a year now.  I am someone who is looking to do a lot of things, go to a lot of places, and meet a lot of new people.  Just this year, I have decided not to just rest on whatever laurels I have and be thankful.  This year I have to say has been a good year.

I would like to get married and have kids one day.  There isn't anything wrong with me but I never had the time.  I have spent most of my adult life as a college student who has worn several hats over the years.  I have worked at a fast food restaurant and two universities.  I had performed several jobs and have acquired many skills. 

The problem is, I haven't met many new people and I haven't made many new friends.  I am now 38 years old and I am still on a journey.  I feel like life has been passing me by.  It is a boring, monotonous life that depressed me early this weekend.  I have learned to be grateful for what I have an who I am.  It is quite cheesy I know.

I have even written what I am most grateful for.  Maybe I should write affirmations about myself.  I am not always grateful, but I have become more grateful.  I need to assert myself more.  I have come to realize that I can change.  I have changed almost overnight.  I would like to do more things.  I would like to change the world by volunteering, leading others to Christ, going on more websites, meeting new people online and offline, and being more intune spiriturally.

I first became a born again Christian when I was a teenager.  I became a born again Christian and I have a relationship with the Lord that has changed me.  I was a teenager who had suicidal thoughts, and now God has delivered me from suicide.  I would like to help out others, but I am none too sure how to go about doing so.  Maybe I could be a mentor or tutor students again.  Who knows?  There is so much I need to do, and so much that I can do.  I thank God for all He has done for me and I am thankful that He is continuing to bless me.  I believe that looking back, little miracles happen everyday.

No comments: