Saturday, April 29, 2017

Personal interpretation of Deuteronomy 12:1-4

  1“These are the statutes and the judgments which you shall carefully observe in the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you to possess as long as you live on the earth. 2“You shall utterly destroy all the places where the nations whom you shall dispossess serve their gods, on the high mountains and on the hills and under every green tree. 3“You shall tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and burn their Asherim with fire, and you shall cut down the engraved images of their gods and obliterate their name from that place. 4“You shall not act like this toward the LORD your God."

I have not only shown respect to the Lord by the way I was acting.  I didn't realize that idolatry was a sin that I have committed.  I have since repented of that sin.  I didn't realize that allowing myself to be caught up in the things of the world would constitute idolatry, but it doesn't.  Not spending enough time could be an example of idolatry.  I am very guilty of that form of idolatry.  My time like other idolaters has not been spent on the Lord, but on whoever or whatever is in the world.  That whoever and whatever was a high place that needed to be broken down.  The altars wasn't' in my house but in my mind.  That was not about anxiety, so I won't use that as an excuse.  It was about a choice that I made, which did in turn, cause even greater anxiety.  The Lord wants the divided attention of all of us, no matter where we are at.  My hope is that I am not misinterpreting the Word of God.  Being sacred is about being of God, not of the world.  I have not kept some things sacred and I have since repented of this.  I take full responsibility of my sins.  This I am writing because the Lord is Jealous and wants not just our worship, but our undivided attention. 

No comments: