Saturday, April 8, 2017

Blondes with dark skin








It may be hypocritical of me to even have an opinion on this subject.  I am a black person who would love to have blonde hair, even for a little while.  There has always been a person of color who has often been accused of self-hatred because they dye their hair blonde.  As I wrote that last sentence, I notice the hypocrisy.  Should it matter if a woman of color with dark skin dye her hair blonde?  No, it shouldn't matter.  If blonde hair, like any other color looks good on her and if it doesn't "wash her out", then nobody should say anything.  Since when does blonde equal only one race or color?  There are Arabs and other Middle Easterners, South Asians, Melanesians, Australian Aborigines, East Asians and those from Africa who are blondes.  I use this to add to what I believe is true.  These women are not white and I feel that because they are black women who dye their hair blonde does not give anyone the right to pass judgment or criticize.  No blonde of color should have to justify dying their hair blonde.  Blonde is a hair color, though largely inherited, but it is only a color at the end of the day.


No comments: