Monday, February 8, 2016

Assumption about what Jesus looked like

I am not sure what Jesus looked like but I am assuming that He looked like a Levantine just like this guy:

I am also assuming did Jesus have long hair or short hair.  What did He look like?  I doubt that He looked Scandinavian or some other Northern European.  To me, He looked closer to black than He did white, like this representation:

This is a representation of Jesus washing the disciples' feet.  I assumed that from the artwork above that those in Ethiopia saw Him as looking like them. This isn't uncommon since Jesus relates to many people of all races and color.  Now it does not matter what He looks like.  I was just curious.  Jesus is Lord and Savior and will eventually be the Judge of men.  Everyone is created by the Trinity through Him.  That is a fact that we should all know about, whatever His color or race.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

No comments: